Sunday, 7 February 2010

Focus Week was spent in the French Alps skiing. The top image is taken from inside a lift over the valley between les Arcs and la Plagne. The next image down is taken sandwiched in between two layers of cloud.

On tuesday I injured my shoulder so on wednesday went for a walk around the mountains further awy from the commercial resort type appartments. I found some really nice old structures as well as some purely handmade buildings where you can almost see the process of how the wood is nailed together, holes cut out of the timber clading to allow the floor beams to poak through. I think its more interesting to see the process within an the aesthetic of an object than to have something clean and untouched. When one is contending with the snow maybe there is more of a priority for something to be made just do its job.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Photography is an art of the heart. If a photograph is not captured well it is not use so timing is very important for capturing. I must say you have really done a great job. I really like photos.
frames for photos